Charles Henry Wyndham à Court-Repington 16,29,48,53,76
- Born: 14 October 1819, Heytesbury, Wiltshire
- Christened: 22 November 1819, Heytesbury, Wiltshire
- Marriage: Emily Currie on 5 August 1854 in St. George's Hanover Square, London 36
- Died: 29 October 1903, Bridge End, Ockham, Surrey aged 84 116
- Buried: 2 November 1903, Brookwood Crematorium
Sponsors: Charles Knatchbull, Esq. Captain Edward Henry à Court.
Dowager Lady à Court.
Edcucated at Eton and St John's College, Cambridge Apr. 18, 1837.
Matriculated Michelmas 1837; Scholar; B.A. 1841; M.A. 1848.
Found in The Times, October 31, 1903
Mr. Charles Henry Wyndham à Court-Repington, of Amington-hall,
Warwickshire, whose death occurred at Ockham on Thursday, in his 85th
year, was the representative of one of the oldest families in
Lincolnshire which migrated into Warwickshire in the year 1422. He
was born at Heytesbury-house, Wilts, the only son of the late General
Charles Ashe à Court-Repington, and was educated at Eton and
Cambridge. In 1841 he was private secretary to Lord Eliot in Ireland,
continuing the same position under Sir William à Court, first Lord
Heytesbury, until the year 1846. Subsequently he became interested in
emigration to Canada, visiting the colony and taking an active share
in all the work. In 1852 he was elected member of Parliament for
Wilton, and in 1854 married Emily, daughter of the late Mr. Henry
Currie, of West Horsley-place, who represented Guildford in the House
of Commons. He left Parliament in 1855 on being appointed by Lord
Palmerston Commissioner of Income-tax. In 1860 he was nominated by
Mr. Gladstone Assistant Comptroller of the National Debt Office, from
which he retired in 1882.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1851 in Amington Hall, Amington, Warwickshire.
2. Resided: 19 April 1861, 15 Chesham Street, Knightsbridge, London. 13
3. Census UK 1881: 1881, 15 Chesham Street, Knightsbridge, London.
4. Census UK 1901: 1901, Bridge End, Ockham, Surrey.
5. Resided: 29 October 1903, Amington Hall, Amington, Warwickshire. 13
6. He had an estate probated on 28 November 1903 in London. 116
Charles married Emily Currie, daughter of Henry W. Currie and Unknown, on 5 August 1854 in St. George's Hanover Square, London.36 (Emily Currie was born in 1830 in Marylebone, London and died on 28 February 1916 in Ockham, Ripley, Surrey 13.)