Rebecca Somerset Bryant 16,24,68
- Born: 1816, Marlborough, Wiltshire
- Marriage: Reverend George Allan on 3 October 1835 in Cricklade St.Mary, Wiltshire 235
- Died: 7 February 1910, Reading, Berkshire aged 94 13
Found in the London Gazette, July 5, 1910.
Mrs. REBECCA SOMERSET ALLAN, Widow, Deceased.
Pursuant to the Statute, 22 and 23 Vic., cap 35, intituled "An Act to further amend the Law of Property, and to relieve Trustees".
Notice is hereby given, that all persons and creditors having any claims or demands against the estate of Mrs. Rebecca Somerset Allan, late of Overleigh, Craven-road, Reading in the county of Berks, and formerly of Hazlemere Vicarage, High Wycombe, in the county of Bucks, Widow, deceased (who died on the 7th day of February, 1910, and whose will was proved on the 10th day of June at the High Court of Justice, at the District Probate Registry at Oxford by William Edward Allan, Yeoman, of Hughenden, in the county of Bucks, the son, and sole executor therein named), are hereby requested to send particulars, in writing, of their claims and demands to me, the undersigned executor, on or before the 6th day of August, 1910, after which date the said executor will proceed to distribute the assets of the deceased among the persons entitled thereto, having regard only to the claims of which he shall then have notice; and the said executor will not be liable for the assets, or any part thereof, so distributed, to any person or persons of whose debt of claim he shall not then have had notice. - Dated this 27th day of June, 1910.
W. E. ALLAN, Executor to the late Rebecca Somerset Allan, Naphill, Hughenden, High Wycombe.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Resided: 3 October 1849, Brixton Rise, London. 78
2. She appeared on the census in 1851 in 5 Brixton Rise, Lambeth St. Mary, London.
3. She appeared on the census in 1861 in The Vicarage, Chipping Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
4. Census UK 1871: 1871, Hazlemere Vicarage, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
5. She appeared on the census in 1881 in The Vicarage, Wycombe, Buckingham.
6. Census UK 1891: 1891, Overleigh, Craven Road, Reading, Berkshire.
7. Resided: 7 February 1910, Overleigh, Craven Road, Reading, Berkshire. 13
8. She had an estate probated on 8 June 1910 in Oxford. 13
Rebecca married Reverend George Allan, son of George Allan and Anne Cruickshank, on 3 October 1835 in Cricklade St.Mary, Wiltshire.235 (Reverend George Allan was born in 1797 in Aberdeen and died on 18 December 1888 in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire 13.)