Sophia Louisa Percy
- Born: 1821, Marylebone, London
- Marriage: Colonel Charles Bagot on 7 July 1846 in Watford, Hertfordshire
- Died: 7 November 1908, London aged 87 13
From The Times, November 13, 1908
The funeral of the late Mrs. Charles Bagot took place very quietly at
Elford, Staffordshire, yesterday afternoon. Among those present were
Colonel and Mrs. Josceline Bagot, Mr. Richard Bagot, and Miss Alice
Bagot, the Duke of Northumberland, Lord Algernon Percy, Lord
Hatherton, Admiral the Hon. Algernon Littleton, Colonel Percy, the
Hon. Henry Littleton, Mrs. Howard Paget, Mr. Coe, and a few others,
and a large number of wreaths and crosses were sent, including one
from Princess Louise (Duchess of Argyll). Lord Bagot was prevented by
indisposition from being present at the ceremony, which, in the
unavoidable absence of the Dean of Rochester, was conducted by the
Rev. Algernon Chester, rector of Elford, assisted by the Rev. E.
Samson, of Armitage, Staffordshire.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1861 in Elford House, Elford, Staffordshire.
2. She appeared on the census in 1871 in Church Dale House, Wolseley Road, Rugeley, Staffordshire.
3. Resided: 7 November 1908, 20 South Eaton Place, London. 13
4. Her funeral was held on 12 November 1908 in Elford, Staffordshire.
5. She had an estate probated on 28 November 1908 in London. 13
Sophia married Colonel Charles Bagot, son of Sir Charles Bagot and Lady Mary Charlotte Anna Wellesley-Pole, on 7 July 1846 in Watford, Hertfordshire. (Colonel Charles Bagot was born on 20 May 1808 in St. George's Hanover Square, London and died on 20 February 1881 in 49 Cadogan Place, London 13.)