Edmond Robert Wodehouse 326
- Born: 3 June 1835, Colombo, Ceylon
- Marriage: Adela Harriet Sophia Bagot on 1 June 1876 in St. Mark's, North Audley Street, London 27
- Died: 14 December 1914, 56 Chester Square, London aged 79 13
Found in The Times, 1 July, 1892
The General Election - Biographies of Candidates (Third Installment)
England and Wales - Shropshire
Wodehouse, Edmond Robert (Bath) (U.L.), of 56 Chester Square, S.W.,
only s. of the late Sir Philip Edmond Wodehouse, G.C.S.I., K.C.B., by
Catherine Mary, d. of the late Mr. Francis J. Temple. B. 1835,
educated at Eton and at Balliol College, Oxford (B.A. 1862, M.A.
1865), called to the Bar at Lincoln's Inn in 1861. Private secretary
to the Earl of Kimberley (his cousin) when Lord Lieutenant of Ireland
(1864-6), Lord Privy Seal 1868-70, and Secretary of State for the
colonies 1870-4. M., 1876, Adela Harriet Sophia, d. of the late Rev.
Charles Walter Bagot, Chancellor of Bath and Wells, and rector of
Casle Rising, Norfolk. Unsucessful candidate North Norfolk 1868, and
King's Lynn 1874, M.P. for Bath from 1880.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Resided: 23 December 1887, 56 Chester Square, London. 779
2. Census UK 1891: 1891, The Grange, Hawley, Hampshire.
3. Census UK 1901: 1901, 56 Chester Square, London.
4. Census UK 1911: 1911, 56 Chester Square, London. 10
5. Resided: 14 December 1914, 56 Chester Square, London. 13
6. Resided: 14 December 1914, Minley Grange, Farnborough, Hampshire. 13
7. He had an estate probated on 4 February 1915 in London. 13
Edmond married Adela Harriet Sophia Bagot, daughter of Reverend Charles Walter Bagot and Mary Chester, on 1 June 1876 in St. Mark's, North Audley Street, London.27 (Adela Harriet Sophia Bagot was born in 1854 in The Rectory, Castle Rising, Norfolk and died on 4 April 1921 in 56 Chester Square, London 54.)