Reverend Bertrand Pleydell Bouverie 239
- Born: 1849, Britford, Wiltshire
- Marriage: Lady Constance Jane Nelson
- Died: 7 November 1926, Bournemouth, Dorset aged 77 13,54
Jane Charlotte Stapleton Cotton, b c. 1848 in London is listed as a cousin (1871).
Prebendary of Salisbury.
Found in The Times, November 12, 1926
The funeral service for Prebendary the Hon. Bertrand Pleydell-Bouverie
took place at Pewsey, Wiltshire, yesterday, at the parish church of
St. John, of which he was rector for 30 years. The officiating clergy
were the Archdeacon of Sarum (who represented the Bishop of
Salisbury), the Rev. E.S. Daubeney, rector of Pewsey, the Rev. E.G.A.
Sutton, the Rev. S. Lambert, the Rev. E. Hall, and the Rev. E.H.
Blyth. The principle mourners were Mrs. Smith Barry (adopted
daughter), Lady Gertrude Monckton (sister), the Hon. Mrs Duncombe
Pleydell-Bouverie and the Hon. Mrs. John Pleydell-Bouverie
(sisters-in-law), the Earl and Countess of Radnor, the Earl of
Normanton, Captain C. Maitland, Lieutenant-Colonel F.C.M. Maitland,
Mrs. Maitland, Miss Monckton, Miss Mary Pleydell-Bouverie, Miss
Katherine Pleydell-Bouverie, and Miss Vera Owen. Others present
Mr Robert Smith Barry, Lieutenant-Colonel Ronald Cockburn, Lady Ernest
St. Maur, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Dixon, Mr. A. Ball (representing the
Dowager Countess of Radnor), Miss Grant Meek, and Admiral Philpott.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1861 in Longford Castle, Britford, Wiltshire.
2. Census UK 1871: 1871, The Rectory, Stanton St. Quintin, Wiltshire.
3. Census UK 1881: 1881, The Rectory, Pewsey, Wiltshire.
4. Census UK 1891: 1891, The Rectory, Pewsey, Wiltshire.
5. Passenger list: 9 June 1915, RMS Briton, Madeira to Plymouth.
6. His funeral was held on 11 November 1926.
7. He had an estate probated on 17 January 1927 in Probate Division Of His Majest. 54 Probate
Bertrand married Lady Constance Jane Nelson, daughter of Horatio Nelson, 3rd Earl Nelson and Unknown. (Lady Constance Jane Nelson was born in 1849 in Downton, Wiltshire and died on 28 January 1922 in Bournemouth, Dorset 13.)