Major General Robert Charles Boileau Pemberton 836
- Born: 15 November 1834, Calcutta, Bengal, India 231
- Christened: 10 December 1834, Calcutta, Bengal, India 231
- Marriage: Alice Louisa Barrow in 1862
- Died: 22 December 1914, 13 Cresswell Gardens, South Kensington, London aged 80 13,964
From The Times, 24 December 1914
Major-General Pemberton, C.B.
The death took place on Tuesday, at 13, Cresswell Gardens, South Kensington, after a short illness, of Major-General Robert Charles Boileau Pemberton, C.B., C.S.I., late R.E., aged 80 years.
General Pemberton was a son of the late Captain Robert Boileau Pemberton, 44th Bengal N.I. He served at the siege of Delhi and capture of Lucknow, receiving the medal with two clasps and being mentioned in despatches. He was Director and Annuity Trustee of the Great Indian Peninsula Railway and formerly Director-General of Railways in India and Secretary to the Government of India in the Public Works Department and temporary member of the Viceroy's Council.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He retired on 1 December 1892. 231
2. Census UK 1901: 1901, 13 Creswell Gardens, Kensington, London.
3. Census UK 1911: 1911, 13 Creswell Gardens, Kensington, London.
4. Resided: 22 December 1914, 13 Cresswell Gardens, South Kensington, London. 13
5. He had an estate probated on 25 January 1915 in London. 13
Robert married Alice Louisa Barrow in 1862. (Alice Louisa Barrow was born in 1843 and died in 1868.)