George Udny Yule 836
- Born: 1 February 1813, Inveresk, Midlothian 231
- Christened: 13 March 1813, Inveresk, Midlothian 231
- Marriage: Henrietta Peach Pemberton in 1862 in Bengal, India 949
- Died: 13 January 1886, 30 Clanricarde Gardens, Kensington, London aged 72 13,231,357
From The Times, 14 January 1886
We have to record the death of an old Indian Civil servant in the person of Sir George Udny Yule, C.B., K.C.S.I., which occured yesterday at this residence in Clanricarde Gardens, Bayswater, from the results of a fall. The deceased was a son of the late Major William Yule, of the Bengal Army, and was born in 1813. He was educated at Haileybury College, and in 1830 entered the Bengal Civil Service, from which he retired in 1868, after having passed through the usual grades of the service, and risen to be the Commissioner of Sonthalia, Chief Commissioner of Oude, and Political Resident at Hyderabad, Deccan. The last mentioned post he relinquished in 1867, when he was appointed a Provisional Member of the Governor-General's Council in India. He was nominated a Companion of the Order of the Bath (Civil Division) in 1860, and made a Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of India in 1866. Sir George Yule married, in 1862, Henrietta Peach, daughter of the late Captain Robert Boileau Pemberton, of the Bengal Arny.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census UK 1881: 1881, 30 Clanricarde Gardens, Kensington, London.
2. Resided: 13 January 1886, 30 Clanricarde Gardens, Kensington, London. 13
3. He had an estate probated on 23 February 1886 in Principal Registry. 13
George married Henrietta Peach Pemberton, daughter of Captain Robert Boileau Pemberton and Henrietta Peach McLeod, in 1862 in Bengal, India.949 (Henrietta Peach Pemberton was born in 1833, christened on 18 April in Calcutta, Bengal, India 231 and died on 28 August 1912 in London 13.)