William Frederick Beadon 34,48,53,68
- Born: 24 February 1808, London
- Christened: 3 May 1808, Wimpole Street, Marylebone, London
- Marriage: Jessie Maria Ward Cockburn
- Died: 30 March 1862, 9 Stratford Place, London aged 54 13
Sponsors: HRH The Duke of Gloucester. Sir William P. A. à Court.
Lady Waldegrave. Miss Beadon.
Educated at Eton and St. John's College, Cambridge; B.A., 1829; M.A., 1833. Admitted. at the Inner Temple, November. 4, 1829. Called to the Bar, 1835. Police-Magistrate at Wandsworth and Hammersmith, 1847; at Marlborough Street, London, 1856-62. Registrar of the diocese of Bath and Wells.
From The Times, 1 April 1862
Death of Mr. Beadon - On Sunday last, Mr. Beadon, the senior magistrate at the Marlborough Police Court, died at his residence in Stratford Place, after a painful and lingering illness. He was educated at St. John's College, Cambridge; took his B.A. degree in 1829, when he 14th junior optime in mathematical tripos. This was the year of the celbrebrated struggle between Cavendish and Philpott, when Philpott (now Bishop of Worcester) came out Senior Wrangler, and Cavendish (now Duke of Devonshire and Chancellor of the University), Second Wrangler. Mr. Beadon was first appionted to the metropolitan bench about 15 years ago, and since 1856 has sat at the Marlborough Street Court. He was distinguished for most assiduous attention to his magisterial duties, and frequently took his seat on the bench when suffering excruciating pains from the disease which at last proved fatal.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1841 in John Street, Berkeley Square, London.
2. Resided: 12 December 1850, 9 Stratford Place, London. 78 Census
3. Census UK 1851: 30 March 1851, 9 Stratford Place, London.
4. Census UK 1861: 1861, The Corner, Latton, Wiltshire.
5. Resided: 30 March 1862, 9 Stratford Place, London. 13
6. He had an estate probated on 1 May 1862 in Principal Registry. 13
William married Jessie Maria Ward Cockburn, daughter of Major General James Patisson Cockburn and Elizabeth Johanna Vanisttart. (Jessie Maria Ward Cockburn was born in 1819 in Woolwich, Kent and died on 2 November 1895 in 16 Southwick Crescent, Hyde Park, London.)