Leonard Holmes à Court, 4th Baron 33,34
- Born: 11 June 1863, Upham, Hampshire
- Marriage: Sybil Mary Morris on 9 September 1896 in Holy Trinity Church, Karachi, India
- Died: 2 February 1949, Crockerton, Wiltshire aged 85 13
- Buried: February 1949, Longbridge Deverill, Wiltshire
From The Times, February 3, 1949
Lord Heytesbury died at his home near Warminster, Wiltshire, yesterday
at the age of 85. Sir Leonard Holmes-à Court, fourth Baron Heytesbury of Heytesbury, county Wiltshire, in the Peerage of the United Kingdom, and fifth Baronet, was born on June 11, 1863, the second son of the Hon. William Leonard Holmes-à Court, eldest son of the second Lord Heytesbury. He entered the Army through thd Militia in 1885, and was gazetted to The Wiltshire Regiment. Having served with his regiment during the South African war, 1900-01, he retired in 1913 and for a space commanded the 3rd (Speical Reserve) Battalion, The Wiltshire Regiment. He served during the 1914-18 war and in 1919 was given the brevet of colonel. In 1903 he succeeded his elder brother in the family honours. Lord Heytesbury married in 1896 Sybil Mary, daughter of the late Captain F. B. Morris. She died in 1937. A son and two daughters were born of the marriage. He is succeeded by his son, the Hon. William Leonard Frank Holmes-à Court, who was born in 1906 and married in 1926 Beryl, youngest daughter of Mr. A. E. B. Crawford, of Astin Clinton House, Bucks. There is a son of the marriage.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1871 in Codford St. Peter, Wiltshire.
2. He appeared on the census in 1881 in Royal Academy, Clarence Square, Alverstoke, Hampshire.
3. He appeared on the census in 1891 in 24 Apsley Road, Clifton, Bristol.
4. Passenger list: December 1899.
5. Passenger list: 18 June 1900.
6. Passenger list: 15 May 1901.
7. Acceded to title: 15 August 1903.
8. Resided: 29 April 1949, Green House, Crockerton, Wiltshire. 13
9. He had an estate probated on 29 April 1949 in Bristol, Somerset. 13
Leonard married Sybil Mary Morris, daughter of Captain Frank Bird Morris and Juliet Mary Rawlatt, on 9 September 1896 in Holy Trinity Church, Karachi, India. (Sybil Mary Morris was born on 11 April 1870 in India, died on 20 April 1937 in Bailbrook House, Bath, Somerset 13 and was buried in April 1937 in Longbridge Deverill, Wiltshire.)