Reverend Charles Walter Bagot 326
- Born: 11 February 1812, Blithfield, Staffordshire 764
- Christened: 18 February 1812, Blithfield, Staffordshire 778
- Marriage (1): Unknown
- Marriage (2): Mary Chester on 18 February 1846 in Blithfield, Staffordshire 764
- Died: 10 September 1884, Castle Rising, Norfolk aged 72
- Buried: 16 September 1884, Ashtead, Surrey
Educated at Westminster and at Christ Church College, Oxford.
Matriculated 16 October 1830; B.A. 1834, M.A (All Souls' College)
1842, Fellow of All Souls' College 1842-1846. Rector of Castle Rising
with Roydon, Norfolk, 1846 until his death. Chancellor of the Diocese
of Bath and Wells from 1851 until his death and Registrar of the Diocese of Oxford.
From The Times, September 13, 1884
The Rev. Charles Walter Bagot, Chancellor of the diocese of Bath and
Wells, and Registrar of that of Oxford, died on Wednesday. The
deceased was the third son of the late Hon. and Right Rev. Richard
Bagot, D.D., Bishop successively of Oxford and of Bath and Wells, by
his marriage with Lady Harriet Villiers, daughter of George Bussey,
fourth Earl of Jersey, and grandson of William, first Lord Bagot. He
was born in 1812, and graduated at Christ Church, Oxford, taking his
bachelor's degree in 1834, and proceeding M.A. in 1842, in which year
he was elected to a Fellowship of All Souls College. Mr. Bagot was
ordained deacon in 1835, and admitted to priest's orders in the
following year by his father, when Bishop of Oxford. He had held the
rectory of Castle-Rising, Norfolk, since 1846. Mr. Bagot married, in
1846, Mary, second daughter of Major-General Chester.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Christening: 10 May 1812, Blithfield Church, Blithfield, Staffordshire. 778
2. He signed a will on 1 February 1884.
3. He had an estate probated on 31 October 1884 in Principal Registry. 13 Probate
Charles next married Mary Chester, daughter of Major-General John Chester and Sophia Elizabeth Stuart, on 18 February 1846 in Blithfield, Staffordshire.764 (Mary Chester was born on 6 March 1828 in Quebec, Canada,764 died on 15 April 1899 in Hampton Court Palace, Surrey and was buried on 19 April 1899 in Ashtead, Surrey.)