Richard Bagot 764
- Born: 22 November 1782, Daventry, Northamptonshire 765
- Marriage: Lady Harriet Villiers on 22 December 1806 747
- Died: 15 May 1854, Brighton, Sussex aged 71 747
- Buried: 23 May 1854, Blithfield, Staffordshire
Educated at Rugby School and Christ Church, Oxford. Awarded a DD by
diploma in 1829. Rector of Leigh and Blithfield. In 1812 he became a
prebendary of Lichfield Cathedral, and in 1817 was elected to a
canonry of Worcester. Bagot was appointed dean of Canterbury in 1827,
and in 1829 he was elevated to the bishopric of Oxford. Bishop of Bath and Wells. Had 8 sons and 4 daughters.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He signed a will on 2 May 1851.
2. He had an estate probated on 1 August 1854.
Richard married Lady Harriet Villiers, daughter of George Bussey Villiers, 4th Earl Jersey and Frances Twysden, on 22 December 1806.747 (Lady Harriet Villiers was born on 19 March 1788, died on 18 October 1870 in Elford Hall, Staffordshire 747 and was buried on 24 October 1870 in Blithfield, Staffordshire.)