Laetitia à Court 34,48
- Born: 9 August 1778, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Christened: 25 September 1778, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Marriage: William Eliot, 2nd Earl of St. Germans on 13 February 1809 in Heytesbury, Wiltshire
- Died: 20 January 1810 aged 31
- Buried: 1810, Heytesbury, Wiltshire
Sponsors listed as: Mr. & Mrs. Henry Wyndham. Mrs. Penruddock Sr.
and Mr. Repington.
Memorial in family pew, Heytesbury Church:
Sacred to the memory of the Honourable Laetitia Eliot, eldest daughter
of Sir WPA a Court Baronet. She died in her first childbed of twins,
born dead, on the 20th January 1810, aged 31.
Let those who mourn in proportion as they once revered and loved her.
Let those whose distresses have been relieved by her benevolence or
soothed by her gentleness pay the best tribute to her memory by
allowing her mild example of influence on their hearts and lives; Let
those sometimes look at this memorial and contemplate the benefit to
be derived from a lively recollection of her piety and charity in the
season of prosperity and ease and of her meekness and resignation when
the Almighty changed the manner of her trial and stretched her on the
bed of suffering pain and death.
Laetitia married William Eliot, 2nd Earl of St. Germans, son of Edward Eliot, 1st Baron Eliot and Catherine Elliston, on 13 February 1809 in Heytesbury, Wiltshire. (William Eliot, 2nd Earl of St. Germans was born on 1 April 1767 and died on 19 January 1845 in Port Eliot, St. Germans, Cornwall 143.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. They obtained a marriage settlement on 7 February 1809.