Ruth Mary Holmes à Court 17,36,67
- Born: 4 June 1885, Headington, Oxfordshire
- Marriage (1): Major Charles Evelyn Forrest on 20 August 1910 in Church of St. Mary The Virgin, Iffley, Oxfordshire
- Marriage (2): Lt. Colonel Ernest Astley Edmund Lethbridge on 9 July 1919
- Died: 29 August 1960, Oxford aged 75 13
From The Times, 20 August 1910
Captain C.E. Forrest and Miss Holmes-a'Court
The wedding of Captain Charles Evelyn Forrest, D.S.O., Oxfordshire Light Infantry, and Miss Ruth Mary Holmes-a'Court, daughter of Lieutenant-Colonel the Hon. Edward and Mrs. Holmes-a'Court, and cousin of Lord Heytesbury, will take place this afternoon at Iffley, Oxon. The bride will be attended by two little girls, Miss Susan Thomson and Miss Pamela Rogers, and four bridesmaids, Miss Geraldine Mahon, Miss Maude Wilson, Miss Ashhurst,, and Miss Corrie Tighe. Colonel Holmes-a'Court will give his daughter away, and the bridegroom's brother, Mr. Frank Forrest, is to be best man.
The presents include the following:- From the bridegroom to the bride, diamond drop earrings, a diamond ring, a gold watch bracelet, and a gold flexible bracelet and chain; the bride to the bridegroom, a gold watch and a camera; Lord and Lady Heytesbury, a clock; Margaret, Lady Heytesbury, silver egg-cups and stand; Captain the Hon. Herbert Holmes-a'Court, silver salt cellars; Sir Edmund and Lady Simeon, a gold and amethyst bracelet; the Earl and Countess of Buckinghamshire, a jewelled tie-pin; officers of the Depôt of the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, a set of silver liqueur cups; and the Oxfordshire Constabulary, a silver tray. Colonel Holmes-a'Court has given his daughter a fur motor coat and a flask, and Mrs. Holmes-a'Court has given her a jewelled pendant.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1891 in St. Catherine's Villa, Freshwater, Isle Of Wight.
2. She appeared on the census in 1901 in Pyrton Manor, Pyrton, Oxfordshire.
3. She appeared on the census in 1911 in Cherry Orchard, Westbury on Trym, Somerset. 10
4. Resided: 29 August 1960, The Firs, Headington, Oxfordshire. 13
5. She had an estate probated on 20 January 1961 in Oxford. 13
Ruth married Major Charles Evelyn Forrest, son of John Forrest and Eveline Rogers, on 20 August 1910 in Church of St. Mary The Virgin, Iffley, Oxfordshire. (Major Charles Evelyn Forrest was born on 21 August 1876 in Grymsdyke, Lacey Green, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, died on 22 November 1915 in Ctesiphon, Mesopotamia and was buried in November 1915 in Basra Memorial, Iraq.)
Ruth next married Lt. Colonel Ernest Astley Edmund Lethbridge on 9 July 1919. (Lt. Colonel Ernest Astley Edmund Lethbridge was born in 1865 in Taunton, Somerset and died on 29 April 1943 in Oxford 13.)