William Frederick Holmes à Court, 3rd Baron 33,34,35
- Born: 25 June 1862, Milton Lodge, Wells, Somerset
- Christened: 27 July 1862, Cheddar, Somerset
- Marriage: Margaret Anna Harman on 19 November 1887 in Rodden, Somerset
- Died: 15 August 1903, Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire aged 41 44
- Buried: 18 August 1903, Heytesbury, Wiltshire 44
Cause of his death was Diabetes?.
From The Times, August 17, 1903
The death has occurred of William Frederick Holmes-A'Court, third
Baron Heytesbury, after a short illness, at his residence,
Heytesbury-house, Wiltshire. Born in 1862, the eldest son of the Hon.
William Leonard Holmes-A'Court, by Isabella Sophia, daughter of the
Rev. Richard A'Court Beadon, of Cheddar, he married in 1887 Margaret
Anna, daughter of Mr. J. H. Harman, of Tadmarton, Oxford, and
succeeded to the title on the death of his grandfather, the second
baron, in 1891. Lord Heytesbury was for many years well known-in
connexion with the South and West Wilts Hounds. He is succeeded by his brother, Capt. the Hon. Leonard Holmes A'Court, who served in the Transvaal war, and was raised to the rank of a baron's son in 1891.
Inscription found in Heytesbury Church:
In ever loving memory of William Frederick 3rd Baron Heytesbury born
25th June 1862 fell asleep 15th August 1903 deeply mourned.
Also his wife Margaret Anna who died 7th January 1920 and is buried in
Cape Town. "Until the day break, and the shadows flee away"
Known as Uncle Dick.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Visitor: 1871, The Vicarage, Cheddar, Somerset.
2. He appeared on the census in 1881 in Byne Lodge, Storrington, Sussex.
3. Acceded to title: 21 April 1891.
4. He appeared on the census in 1891 in Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire.
5. Census UK 1901: 1901, Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire.
6. He had an estate probated on 4 February 1904 in London. 13
William married Margaret Anna Harman, daughter of John Nixon Harman and Margaret Elizabeth Day, on 19 November 1887 in Rodden, Somerset. (Margaret Anna Harman was born in 1864 in Tadmarton, Oxfordshire and died on 7 January 1920 in Monte Rosa Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa 13.)