William à Court, 1st Baron Heytesbury 46,47,48,49
- Born: 11 July 1779, The Close, Salisbury
- Christened: 22 September 1779, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Marriage: Maria Rebecca Bouverie on 30 October 1808 in St. George's Hanover Square, London
- Died: 31 May 1860, Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire aged 80 13
- Buried: 1860, Heytesbury, Wiltshire
MP for Dorchester 1812 - 1814. Privy Councillor 1817, G.C.B. 1819. Created Baron Heytesbury of Heytesbury in 1828. Secretary of Naples Legation 1801; Special Vienna mission 1807; Envoy to Barbary States 1813; Envoy to Naples 1814, Envoy to Spain 1822; Ambassador toPortugal 1824; Ambassador to St Petersburg 1828 - 1832. Viceroy of Ireland 1844 - 1846.
Inscription found in Heytesbury Church:
In the family vault near this place lie the remains of Maria Rebecca
Lady Heytesbury and daughter of the The Honourable William Henry
Bouverie and the Lady Bridget his wife daughter of James 14th Earl of
Morton. She was born October 5 1785 and died at the Vice-Regal lodge
near Dublin October 6 1844. Deeply regretted by her family and
endeared to the recollections of the inhabitants of this parish by the
gentleness of her demeanor and extensive benevolence.
Also those of William Lord Heytesbury one of her majesty's most
honourable privy council Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath
and a Baronet. He was born at Salisbury July 11 1779 and after many
years spent in the diplomatic service of the country and after filling
the high office of Viceroy of Ireland departed this life May 31st 1860.
Sponsors: General Ashe. Mr Henry Wyndham. Mrs. Penruddock Jr.
Mrs. Penruddock Wyndham.
Marriage date listed as 3rd October 1808 with pedigree papers from
Laetitia Wyndhams Bible.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Acceded to title: 27 July 1817.
2. He was Created Baron on 23 January 1828
3. Census UK 1841: 1841, 53 Queen Ann Street, Marylebone, London.
4. Census UK 1851: 1851, Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire.
5. Resided: 31 May 1860, Heytesbury House, Heytesbury, Wiltshire. 13
6. He had an estate probated on 24 July 1860 in Principal Registry. 13
William married Maria Rebecca Bouverie, daughter of William Henry Bouverie and Lady Bridget Douglas, on 30 October 1808 in St. George's Hanover Square, London. (Maria Rebecca Bouverie was born on 5 October 1783, died on 6 October 1844 in Viceregal Lodge, Phoenix Park, Dublin 50 and was buried in 1844 in Heytesbury, Wiltshire.)